Character Data base

Is there a way of flooding in my characters to new books.
I have just published my first book in a new series and I am writing my second one in this series.
I would like to import my characters from the first book. How can I do this please?

Congratulations, that’s fantastic! :partying_face:

Fellow author @tkendle recently started a topic on books completed with Papyrus Author, in case you want to check it out: Books completed

There are two ways to do this, either by sharing one character database, or creating a copy of the old character database to the new project, and leaving the first novel’s character database intact. You can decide whether you wish to expand the old database further, or leave it unchanged.

The Character database folder is called ‘My Characters’, and you can find it in the previous writing project’s folder.

If you want to create a copy of the database and leave the old database unchanged:

1. Navigate to the old writing project’s folder.
  2. Select ‘My Characters’ folder and copy it.
  3. Paste ‘My Characters’ into the new writing project’s folder.

This way all the changes made in the new writing project will be saved to the copy of the Character database, and the old database will remain unchanged.

If you want to expand on the old character database:

1. Open the new writing project in Papyrus Author.
  2. Navigate ‘Author’ → ‘My Project’ → ‘Path to My Characters…’.
  3. Click the ‘Select…’ button and navigate to the old project’s ‘My Characters’ folder.
  4. Double-click on ‘My Characters.pb’.

These steps will link the new writing project to the old character database, and any changes made in the new project will be saved in the projects’ shared character database.

Let us know if there are any further questions, and good luck with the new project! :slight_smile: