Naming a character to appear as link in text

Windows 10

Papyrus Author+ version 11.05a Win64 dated 2022-4-19

Hey Everyone, I am new to the community. I have been playing around with the software for a month or so to see what it’s features were and if it suited me before I took the plunge and went to the paid version.

I have a question. I have a character in my novel. Her name is Mrs. McKenzie. She is never referred to as anything else. However, the character link doesn’t like it when I enter her full name as “Mrs. McKenzie.” I can link “McKenzie” which is OK, until such time as her husband makes an appearance as Mr. McKenzie.

Is there a work around on this?

Thanks heaps, and awesome software,
Chris

Welcome to the Community! :partying_face:

At the moment, Papyrus Author does not support special characters, such as periods, in characters’ names. We are aware of it, and it’s in our wishlist of improvements for the future! :slight_smile:

You can find some workaround ideas in this topic: Names in character database with titles?

Hope it helps!

I checked my trust Style Guide and discovered that using a full stop after the title abbreviation is an American (US) convention. UK usage allows for no full stop at the end, which suits me as removal to the full stop solves the issue.
I discovered this having just finished reading a novel by Jane Austin, where there were no full stops at the end of titles.
Thanks for the support.

1 Like