About to publish my first book

Hey there,

what a beautiful shiny new community. That’s something that has been missing from the English Papyrus Author world and I hope it will become as busy and useful as the German community. I changed my user name from “capella” to “Chandra_Storm”, because that’s my new pen name. So if you’ve run across me in the old forum or in the German Papyrus community: Hey, yes, it’s me :slight_smile:

I’ve been a user of the German Papyrus Autor software for quite a while, but since I’m mostly writing in English nowadays, I changed to the English version a few months back. I have a lot of unpublished, unedited and in some cases totally unfinished manuscripts on my hard drive that the world will hopefully never see. The only things I published so far are a few short stories. In the past I always had my eyes on the trade pub market, but, as I said, never quite got something to the point where I deemed it query-ready.

All of this changed this year. I decided to write and self-publish kinky LGBTQ+ romance under a pen name and started writing a series of BDSM reverse harem romances titled “Serving Veronica”. The first book “Assessment” is fully edited and formatted and basically ready to go. I’m currently uploading it to all the vendors and get everything in place. Official release will be November 1st. I used Papyrus Author for most of the writing, editing and formatting process. Let’s say it was a bit of a roller-coaster ride.

While all this is going on (and it was a lot of new stuff to learn), I’m also busy writing book 2 of the series. The first draft is almost done (even though I’ve been saying “It’s almost done” for a couple of months now … that’s just how it is sometimes), but I have every intention of finishing it ASAP, so that I can start drafting book 3 during NaNoWriMo in November.

In my day job I work as a software developer. It’s a profession I absolutely love, and I wouldn’t dream of giving it up completely. I hope to start making at least a side income from my books, though, so that I can maybe reduce the day job to three days a week and thus have the time to write even more books. We’ll see how that goes.

So, yes, let’s get this community started. I’m really looking forward to meeting all of you.

4 Likes

Chondra.
Wow. Your first published book. That’s great.
I was injured and couldn’t work, almost two years ago, and instead of sitting around doing nothing, I started writing. I have one book out, and two more will be out in a couple of weeks.
I’m glad you are finally getting around to DOING something.
You go for it, and I hope they sell. I just received my first royalty check a couple of weeks ago!
Good luck.

3 Likes

This is awesome, I’d love to hear how your releases are going!
When did you both realize well this is good and surpassed the “I’ll hide this in my drawer to never see sunlight” feeling? :grin:

Write about your journey in Sharing Experiences - Papyrus Author :heart:

1 Like