Another question- spacing and the page break line

I have looked through the options, but can’t find what I need. My text is right up against the page line, and this is making me a little crazy. I like some space between the page line and my text. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for any help.

Operating System
Mac

Papyrus Author Version

Hi Jen,

Are you talking about the page margins? And are you working in normal mode or “Distraction Free” (image )?

In “Distraction Free” mode, the header and footer margins are suppressed from the view to make the flow of text more streamlined. This can make it look like there are no page margins:

If you look in the normal mode, you can see the text is not so close to the page edges:

The view in “Distraction Free” cannot be changed and will always appear without the top and bottom page margins.

If you are looking to change the margins, they are set in the “Layout” dialogue (Document / Page Layout). All margins - top, bottom, left, right, header and footer can be changed here:

The gray lines bordering the text are there to show the outer text margins.

These are turned off/on under View / Show Invisible Elements. You can choose which elements are displayed (and change the display color) under Options / Preferences / Element Display:

If this isn’t what you’re asking, please send a screenshot to illustrate what it is you want to change :+1:

Hi, yes, I was talking about the page margins. I couldn’t figure out why the text at the bottom of a page had a gap, but the text at the top did not. I guess if I want it with spaces I’ll need to choose a different mode. It’s totally fine—at least I know the option is there, and that’s what matters. I’ve gone through the videos but I still have a lot to learn.

I’m coming from Ulysses, which is where I wrote all of my novels for the past few years and it served me very well. However, Papyrus seems incredibly robust in comparison, and has a few features I’ve been anxious to use in my writing program, which is why I decided to make the switch. I’m excited to try all of the features.

Thank you for the help.
Jen