Backup problem

Operating System
Win 10
Papyrus Author Version
latest

r my backups revert to the wrong file constantly - I change the file name, change the path - it runs okay for a day or two - then reverts to trying to find the old path - which does not work and crashes the program.

Hello,

Can you check whether the document backups and the global backups are pointing to the same location? If they direct to different locations, which one is the correct one?

You can see the backup locations by following these steps:

1. Navigate ‘Document’ → ‘Document Properties’.
  2. Select the ‘Document Backups’ tab.
  3. See if the ‘Extended Backups’ option is ticked. If it is, see what the backup path is.
  4. Click the ‘Global Backup Options…’ button, and see what the backups’ location is.

This will help me further understand what may be causing this issue. :slight_smile:

I think I found the problem - my characters database is in a different folder to the folder the main project is in - all is well until I try to move the my characters database into the same folder as the main project it then tries to find that database and reverts the whole thing over - so now I will try leaving the my characters database where it is and see if that fixes the problem.

Thank you for the reply! :slight_smile:

Did the error message refer to “My Characters” or your main document, Papyrus Author failed to save?

If the problem is caused by Papyrus Author losing the connection to Character Database, you could check out, that you don’t have multiple copies of the Character Database, and the database is linked correctly by following these steps:

1. Navigate ‘Author’ → ‘My Project’ → ‘Path to My Characters…’
  2. Check that the path in the ‘Document Tables’ menu is correct.

Is your project fully stored in Dropbox, or only the backups or only the main project?