Celebrating the Best Contributions of Week #6

The results are in!

:leaves: A windfall of creativity
Together, we created 14 fateful moments this week. That’s enough for at least 3 novels!

Submissions Votes Visits
14 60 330

And the winner is:

Contributor Submission Votes
efierro3172 Then and Now 10 :open_book:

More reader's favorites:

Jer Forest Magic 9 :book:
RTGraver The Void 9 :book:

Luck was with:

athena Luck 3 :open_book:

I had moved away and tried to start over, but nothing was ever the same for me, just a completely empty vessel walking through the life I have in a foreign world that I don’t really know how to navigate.

Ten years after he lost the love of his life, the protagonist of @efierro3172’s entry returns to his home town. His girlfriend died, and the young man blames himself for not walking her home that night. A deeply felt story about coming to terms with death.

Thank you @efierro3172 for your submission – one full year of Papyrus Author+ for best entry goes to you!

I don’t trust the quiet, forests are not naturally silent places; rats and voles move, birds chirp and fly, not this still silence, waiting to be broken. I send my senses ahead of me, trying to find the predator which I know is waiting in ambush.

Scimitar-toothed cats are sizeable predators, and if @Jer’s protagonist didn’t have the power to dilate time, she might have died. She slays two of them instead. Between the roots of a tree, she finds their offspring: “From such huge parents, the kitten is tiny, mottled, tawny, perfectly camouflaged for forest living. I can feel the baby mind pushing against mine and I let her see my regret.” We only get a glimpse into the world of @Jer’s story, but we want to know more.

This is a message from the future. This is a message from the past. This is a message from this exact moment in space and time. I have seen the end of the universe. I have seen the beginning, and I have seen every moment in between. I send my story out into the void.

@RTGraver tells the story of a man lost in time in the most literal sense. His short story is a frightening thought experiment and a stern warning against time travel.

It was the best of times. Keep on writing!

One full year of Papyrus Author+ goes to @efierro3172. On top of that, one participant was chosen by luck of the draw to receive another full year of Papyrus Author+: @athena!

In the eighth week of Turning Tales, we unearth hidden treasure.

3 Likes

Thank you I had a lot of fun writing this piece and participating it has definitely sparked some new ideas for me as well

Elizabeth

3 Likes

This is awesome! Every prompt for this event has been really fun to indulge in. Thank you so much!

4 Likes

Many congratulations to the winners :star_struck:

4 Likes