Characte Database and linked documents

Hi, I have very big project in the pipeline. To be able to organize myself, I have linked many different documents to my main document in my Papyrus project. When I create a new character in the character database, it will be not found in my linked projects. I have found out two workarounds, that it will be foound. The first one is closing and reopening the whole project. The second one is opening the document settings, going to the section to change the path to the character database and reload the database there.

It is only a small bug and I can live with it. But if you could fix it in the next Papyrus version, it would be very helpful.

Thank you a lot for your work. Papyrus Author is great and every feedback I give you is intended to make it even better :slight_smile:

Florian

Yep, it looks like the event of checking the Character Sheets’ connections happens somewhere in the depths of Papyrus Author, and I can’t find a quick workaround for getting a refresh to happen without closing the the linked project. :scream:

These work! Although they’re a bit cumbersome to do if you’re on a roll of creating multiple characters per writing session. :face_exhaling:

I’ve made a note of this–thanks for bringing it up! :construction_worker_man: :wrench:

Love to hear this!

Thank you for your kind words - my aim is to make Papyrus Author better as well, and I love hearing suggestions, bug reports and feedback! :saluting_face:

Thank you for your kind words - my aim is to make Papyrus Author better as well, and I love hearing suggestions, bug reports and feedback! :saluting_face:

I will do my very best. Worked a long time as C++ developer and even as a software tester for a short while. Meanwhile I’m in the managment of a IT consulting company. So I know your business pretty well.

1 Like