Chrome extension question

Hi all, has the chrome extension been removed? When I try to install it from the preferences it takes me to a dead webpage.
I’m using Edge, by the way.

Hi Ben, you legend! Good to hear from you. :raised_hands:

Yep, it’s down from the Chrome store at the moment. I don’t have the details on it, but the Firefox plugin is available if you can stomach switching out from Chrome for a bit. :grimacing:

I’ll let you know when I know more about the Chrome plugin situation. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I can use Firefox just for when I need stuff moved to Papyrus. However, I don’t like it as a browser.
when I looked back through the posts, I noticed this issue was first reported in January. That’s a long time without a Chrome plugin.

1 Like

Err…dem dere’s fightin’ words there! Firefox is awesome :slight_smile:

Also, didn’t know about the Firefox extension, grabbed it, and happy with how it works.

2 Likes

I stopped using Papyrus for a while because I wanted to try out some other software for my latest book. I like to always keep an eye out for other writing apps out there, but I have to say, after writing nearly 100,000 words split between two other pieces of software, I’m back.
Nothing compares to Papyrus for usability and versatility, so I spent three days importing all my chapters, characters, locations, items, and research back over. Just fix this Chrome thing, as Firefox does my head in, and I’ll be happy. :slight_smile:

:rofl:

It’s definitely my go-to, if Chrome’s not available! :fox_face:

Let’s go!! :fire:

That’s so awesome to hear. Was there anything you really liked in the other apps that’s missing from Papyrus Author?

Jeez!

You’re the Papyrus Author grand master, so if there was a faster way to do it, I’m sure you’d know it. That sounds like a huge effort though!

Is there any other file format that would’ve helped you with the import in addition to .docx, or was the amount of work just the sheer number of documents you’ve got?

I’m so happy to hear this. Welcome back!

The first software was a shell for Microsoft Word that acted like a document manager. I only wrote three chapters in that. Not good.
I used the second one for around six months, and I really liked it. However, I’m approaching the end of the book and need to start work on the second and third drafts, which require editing and formatting. The software did nothing to make formatting or the editing process easy.
Its exporting to final documents wasn’t great, and I would’ve needed to put in a lot of work to get the documents publishing-ready. Also, all it had was a spell check and no grammar tools.
It was a nice writing experience, though. It included many of Papyrus’s modules and a few more. You could also use it under a subscription model or pay for it outright, which is what I did. You could also purchase modules, like research, individually.
The reason it took so long to migrate back is that I moved every character, location, and so on in Papyrus one at a time. I also had to reformate each chapter as I moved it over and create timeline entries for each chapter and scene.
Anyway, I’m back up and running now. :slight_smile:

1 Like