Chrome Extension

I am planning on signing up for the Pro Version as I have an awful lot of research to do/store before I can start the writing. It mentions that there is a Chrome Extension to enable saving stuff direct from my browser but I can’t seem to find this when searching for Papyrus Author in the Google Extension store. Is it called something else?
Thanks

1 Like

Hey, welcome to the Community!

The Chrome Extension can be found through the Research settings in Papyrus Author Pro.

1. Go to ‘Preferences’

preferences

1. Select ‘Research’ from the menu on the left and click on 'Google Chrome add-on…’

Add Chome add-on

Creating new research databases is limited to Pro version of Papyrus Author, but you can view an example database with the free version in ‘Example Documents’

1. Go to ‘Guide’ and select ‘Example Documents’

Example documents

1. In ‘Example Documents’ you’ll find an example database. Just double-click on the blue ‘Database’ text to access it, or open the ‘Gods (My Research)’ document to view how research data looks in The Navigator. You can’t edit the database with Papyrus Author Free, but you can review how it saves research entries.

Database

Additionally we have a great tutorial video going through the Research function in our YouTube page.

You can find the full documentation on Research in our Wiki for additional info.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with!

Thank you Sam. Will give it a try.

Hello. Forgive me for bumping this topic but I am having trouble adding the chrome extension. I am a Papyrus Pro user now and when I attempt to click on the Google Chrome add-on button I receive an error message in the browser…and its not even the chrome browser that pops up its firefox.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/papyrus-author-research/gclgafldnlobddkakeefijckciepocoe

The button to add a Mozilla Firefox add-on works okay but I don’t use firefox that’s just gross. AM I the only one having this issue with adding the chrome extension for research database?

Hiya - thanks for bringing this up!

We’re looking into this now. :male_detective: :mag:

While we’re on it, you can give adding research without the plugin a shot. Hope it’s convenient for you. :crossed_fingers:

:joy: