Extra Character after Page Number

Hello all you fab folk at PA.
I need some help my page numbering has gone wappy!
There seems to be a big I (i) or a little l (L) directly after my page numbers.
I have enclosed a couple of photos, the page numbers should be 94 and 138 but all my page numbers have the same thing after it!
What have I done now?
I’ve gone into doc properties and line numbering but nothing covers it. I can’t change them manually and don’t know where else to go. It just appeared a couple of days ago and I don’t know what I did to make it happen.
:flushed:

Tell me it’s not just me that this has happened to.

Cheers
Christine

Hi @cvr111 ,

unfortunately I have no idea what caused this ‘l’ or ‘I’, but you can get “there” manually by right-clicking on the border of your document and choosing ‘Go to master page “Standard?”’

Maybe there you’ll find a clue to what’s happening. I hope it helps!

Best, Joey

1 Like

Thank you @joey! To me, it looks like an extra letter has found its way to the Master Page as well. :bug:

It should be a easy fix, here’s how:

1. Right click on a margin area of the page, and select “Go to master page…”
  2. On the top-right, there should only be a “#” icon that represents the page number. If there’s an extra L or I next to it, choose and delete it.
  3. Exit the master page view by right-clicking on the margin again, and select “Back to Main Text”.

Here’s a quick video on the steps:

Video

Hope that solves it! :man_construction_worker:

:bulb: Master Page is the template that’s used for each page of your book. You can read more about them here: Page Layout and Master Pages – Papyrus Author

2 Likes

Joey you were spot on, thanks for taking the time to help.
Christine

2 Likes

Thanks Sam, great instructions and help as usual.
Just as I think I’m getting to grips with everything, something else crops up.
Or rather I do something stupid without realising.
Cheers.
C

1 Like