How do I intentionally create a sub-chapter?

Operating System Windows 10

Papyrus Author Version 10.07b

I am trying to organize my book into sections. I have chapters for the overall section, & each sub-chapter within it. I accidentally created a sub-chapter, but I couldn’t edit it in any way, so I deleted it. I cannot figure out how I actually did it, or how to intentionally create a sub-chapter & assign it to the appropriate chapter.

I want to be able to move all of the sub-chapters in a given section at one time, without altering their order. Help?

Hello, welcome to the Community! :slight_smile:

You can create subsections of chapters by changing the headings’ styles to different heading levels by following these steps:

1. Click on the heading you want to change
  2. Open the Style Dialog from the upper-left corner of the toolbar.
  3. Select ‘Heading 2’, ‘Heading 3’, ‘Heading 4’, depending on which level you want.

If the heading levels are not visible, click ‘Show All’ from the bottom of the Style Dialog

If you wish to move a section of text, select it in the Navigator, and move it by drag-and-drop. The section is moved above the element you drag and drop to in the document (eg. dragging to to Chapter 2 will move the section to the end of Chapter 1).

Here is a quick animation on changing heading levels and moving sections of text:

animation

Creating and moving subchapters

You can read more on Styles here: Style in Papyrus Author

Let me know if there are any further questions! :slight_smile:

1 Like