I encountered an issue while transferring text from notes on the pinboard to an actual note.
These are my steps to reproduce:
- Create a new document in PA+.
- Create a chapter, and paste in some text. (I doubt this step is necessary, but I did it merely to simulate an actual document).
- Create a sticky note on the pinboard and add some text.
- From the navigator, right-click and Add Note.
- In the note, type a heading and set the format to Heading 1.
- Press Return and select Standard.
- Copy the text from the pinboard note and paste it into the note in the Navigator. Note the formatting has changed back to Heading 1.
- Click on the main document window. Note the text you pasted into the note is now gone.
Version: 11.06b Mac dated 2022-9-9
Thanks for posting this, and huge thanks for the detailed step-by-step! It’s a pleasure to bug hunt when the set-up is this detailed.
I’ve looked into it, and here’s what I found:
This is a good point. The fact that the formatting reverts to Heading 1, is because Papyrus Author does not save the formatting change, unless there’s an event like, for example, writing or pasting some text there.
If you paste/write some text after changing the text format, the formatting stays.
I’ll add it to our list of things to fix/address in the future.
I couldn’t reproduce this part. Is it possible you’ve closed the note in the Navigator, or de-selected the note, so it’s not visible for you?
Here’s a video of what I see, when I set up the document as you’ve described, and do the steps as described:
I also have a video I’d like to share with you, but I didn’t find a way of attaching it.
Cool! You can attach a video to your reply by just dragging and dropping the video file into the reply text field.
Thanks for the speedy reply! The video is too large to upload… can you send me a PM so I may send you a link?