(Mac) Custom keyboard shortcuts not working

Set a couple of keyboard shortcuts, Mac version, for styles.

The keystrokes show up in the styles list, but if I attempt to apply the shortcut to a highlight word, the whole word is replaced with a character vs. the word changed via the set up style.

If the cursor’s in the word, that character is added to the word.

Is this a bug or am I missing something to make this work? When setting up, no conflict indicated to use the keystrokes I chose.

Can you grab a few screenshots to show how this looks like? I can’t quite get what the shortcuts should be doing.

Thanks!

How to take a screenshot

Use the snipping tool or screenshot tool to take a photo of the problem by following these instructions:

For Windows: Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots

For macOS: Take a screenshot on macOS

You can attach images to your post by simply dragging and dropping them into the reply field.

I’m sure we’ll figure it out! :construction_worker_man: :wrench:

I assigned keystrokes option-1 to Scene style, and option-2 to Story style.

Screenshots show what the style name dropdown in the menu looks like, and then dummy text where I repeated “Scene” three times, and finally the make-up of the Scene style. The top Scene is after clicking in the work, then choosing Scene from the style picker in the toolbar. The next one shows what happens when I click in the word Scene, then do the control-1 keystroke. The last shows what happens if I highlight the word and do a control-1 keystroke.

Have tried these with other key combinations for the shortcut, but the results are always the same as shown in the screen shot.

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 11.13.49 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 11.16.32 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 11.20.43 AM.png

Gary

Follow my writing at:

Sam - Further experimentation revealed (for some reason) control + a number key fails. Switched the keystroke to cmd-ctrl-1 and it works. Weird, but at least, resolved.

1 Like