Page border or crop marks

Win10, Papyrus Author Free version 10.07b Win64 dated 2021-5-20

Hello, I am currently working on 7 books of verses, they will be “slim volume” size, 120x180 mm. My printer uses A4 paper. When I print pages to see how they look, is there any way of printing a page border or crop marks?

If not does anyone have a workaround?

Thank you. BTW Papyrus Author is great.

1. Double click on the margin of the document which will bring you into the master page editing mode (the main text area will be greyed out).
  2. Use the rectangle tool (in the icon bar or Insert > Graphics > Rectangle) to draw a rectangle on the master page
  3. Double click the rectangle frame to open the graphics properties window
  4. Remove the fill pattern, change the line thickness, and adjust the dimensions to x=0, y=0, width=119.9, height=179.9 mm (deliberately 0.1 mm less than the page dimensions to accommodate for the line thickness).
  5. Right click on the rectangle frame and select “Position > Put behind the main text”
  6. Click into the grey text frame and select “Back to Main Text”

If you later want to print the text without the page border or export it to PDF, you can go to the master page again, double click the rectangle frame and on the Dimensions page select “Show only on screen”.

1 Like

Thank you so much glucose.

>Double click on the margin of the document which will bring you into the master page editing mode
Man that’s a great tip.

Printing straight from Papyrus cropped the frame out, but outputting a PDF and printing the page from there printed the whole frame and centred it on my sheet of paper - perfect.

:pray:

1 Like