Pricing plans

Hello! Really enjoying the Papyrus Author software atm!

I’m now on the editing stages of my novel and would love to be able to access the full style analysis and readability tools. I have never wanted to upgrade to Papyrus+ as it didn’t have anything it really needed, but now that I am editing these would be a massive help. But here’s the issue, the pro is £15 a month. Understandably, I don’t want to pay that much, nor can I afford it, for just 2 tools on the software.

So here’s my proposal. Are there any plans in the future to have different payment options available on the site? So for someone who wants all the character and storybuilding options but nothing else they pay X amount. Someone who just wants the editing (Style analysis and readability for example) stuff, pays X amount. And someone who wants the full package, £15 a month. You could customise a lot of different packages to tailor peoples needs and make the software more affordable if people don’t feel like they’re paying for something they won’t use.

I don’t know if this is something that you all have thought of and maybe it won’t work for a reason I don’t know, but figured I would throw out the suggestion to see what people think! Hopefully there’s some way you can revamp the plans to cater to different peoples needs a lot more.

I’m always delighted to hear this!

Congratulations on starting the editing stage of your project, that’s awesome! It’s a rewarding and exciting part of the journey to a finished book.

At the moment, we have no plans to offer this type of modular model for Papyrus Author.

New subscribers usually start with just a few of the features, and we have designed the Papyrus Author+ experience to be one that keeps on giving.

I hope you’ll have a good time editing the book with Papyrus Author. If you choose to go with Papyrus Author+ for the advanced editing features, I’m sure you will find some new tools for editing, such as the Direct Speech mode, helpful as well!

Papyrus Author+ subscription is by design an easy, month-to-month commitment-free plan, that you can cancel any time, so you can go back to Papyrus Author once your editing project is done.

For further help on editing with Papyrus Author, I can recommend checking out the YouTube tutorial playlist Editing with Papyrus Author - hope you find it useful! :slight_smile:

I’d love to hear from you once the editing is done - how it went, and what’s next for your writing journey!

1 Like