I’ve been working with both Windows and Mac versions of Pro.
I purchased an iMac and transferred data from my Macbook. Now I cannot open my project on the new iMac. It tells me I don’t have permission to open the file. The project opens fine on the Macbook Air.
I had the same problem recently when I added the new Air but it somehow corrected itself.
How can I fix this? Thanks.
You need to change permissions of the file or of the whole project folder:
- Locate the folder of your project in the Finder
- Right click on the folder and select “Get Info”
- Find the Sharing and Permissions pane in the Info window
- Open the lock in the bottom right corner
- Change the privilege to “Read & Write” for you
- Click on the gear icon below and select “Apply to enclosed items”
Thanks, it worked. Up and writing again.