Putting Chapters into Existing Text?

Win10 Papyrus Author Pro

I have taken old work done in Word and cut and pasted it into Author. Within the existing text are places that need to become chapters. I can’t find a way to insert a chapter inbetween existing lines. I can either place it before or after the entre block of text. Is there a method that allows me to place chapters as needed as I import other work into the program?
Thanks-

Hello, welcome to the Community!

Creating new chapters is a breeze with the Navigator. Here’s how to do it.

1. Open the Navigator by clicking the compass icon on the lower-left corner of the screen.
  2. Right-click on the chapter you want to follow or precede with a new chapter.
  3. Select ‘New Chapter Before’ or ‘New Chapter After’, depending on whether you want the new chapter to be created before or after the current chapter.

A new, empty chapter is created.

Animation

The Navigator is a great tool for managing your writing project, here’s a tutorial video that explores how you can further use the Navigator: The Navigator: Visualizing Your Text Structure

If a chapter heading is not recognized as a chapter heading, you can set its style to ‘Chapter’ with the following steps:

1. Select the text area you wish to set as a chapter heading
  2. Open the Style dialog on the upper-left corner of the toolbar, and select ‘Chapter’

The selected text will be changed into a chapter heading.

Chapter

You can read more on Text Styles and headings here: Style Templates in Papyrus Author

I recommend dragging and dropping a Word file into Papyrus Author instead of cutting and pasting. This way Papyrus Author can import its document data in addition to the text.

Here is a tutorial video on importing Word documents: Word Documents I: Importing doc/docx Into Papyrus

Let us know if there are any further questions, and have fun writing with Papyrus Author! :slight_smile: