Hello, welcome to the Community!
Creating new chapters is a breeze with the Navigator. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Navigator by clicking the compass icon on the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Right-click on the chapter you want to follow or precede with a new chapter.
- Select ‘New Chapter Before’ or ‘New Chapter After’, depending on whether you want the new chapter to be created before or after the current chapter.
A new, empty chapter is created.
The Navigator is a great tool for managing your writing project, here’s a tutorial video that explores how you can further use the Navigator: The Navigator: Visualizing Your Text Structure
If a chapter heading is not recognized as a chapter heading, you can set its style to ‘Chapter’ with the following steps:
- Select the text area you wish to set as a chapter heading
- Open the Style dialog on the upper-left corner of the toolbar, and select ‘Chapter’
The selected text will be changed into a chapter heading.
You can read more on Text Styles and headings here: Style Templates in Papyrus Author
I recommend dragging and dropping a Word file into Papyrus Author instead of cutting and pasting. This way Papyrus Author can import its document data in addition to the text.
Here is a tutorial video on importing Word documents: Word Documents I: Importing doc/docx Into Papyrus
Let us know if there are any further questions, and have fun writing with Papyrus Author!