Thesaurus

Running Windows
Papyrus Author Free version

Hello Papyrus,
Newbie here. I’m curious to know if there is a shortcut key for bringing up the thesaurus? I know I can right click, but would rather highlight the word and use a shortcut. I did a search, but found nothing on the subject. I also checked out the shortcut key section too. So, I’m hoping I just overlooked, but if I did not, are there are plans to implement one. :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you in advance for your input. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

We currently don’t have a keyboard shortcut for the Thesaurus, and the only way to prompt it is to right-click on the word you want to open the Thesaurus for.

If there’s more interest in this feature, we can look into adding it. :slight_smile:

Okay, thanks. Appreciate your prompt answer. Hopefully, more will show interest. :slightly_smiling_face:

Good day, Sam:

I would also like to see a keyboard shortcut for the thesaurus. For what it’s worth, former MS Word users would love to see a “Shift + F7” shortcut. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in my opinion, having to come off the keyboard each time you want/need the thesaurus doesn’t make sense. It slows and breaks the fluidity of the writing process.

Thanks for your time.

Fredrick Brock

1 Like