Turning Tales Week 2: The Perfect First Sentence

Prompt

Holy crap! I AM the monster! How the hell did that happen?

1 Like

If I’d not shot her hellhound, perhaps I’d not be dead.

2 Likes

Prompt

At first she only saw the colorful balloon.

The balloon sank lower and lower and the basket touched the tops of the old willows in the Bizzenbach valley.

As the ambulance pulled up to the mansion, I trembled, then recoiled at the thought of the scene I’d recently witnessed inside.

2 Likes

She stared with unbelieving eyes while her one and only cherished lover climbed out of the bronze BMW with a tall, languid model wearing next to nothing but looking like a million dollars.

2 Likes

Prompt

Replace this text with your contribution

I couldn’t have done it without her

2 Likes

Not quite a love story - it is primarily a science fiction/fantasy book - although relationship elements are in it!
It’s the start of a book I’m writing set in the future - where the ‘lady’ with the blue hair seduces the protagonist so that he can be kidnapped and sold into service on a spaceship. It’s a bit along the lines of when sailors/soldiers were pressed ganged into the Royal Navy in the 17th & 18th Centuries.

2 Likes

Prompt

Her blood trickled between the crevices of foot-worn cobblestones and mingled with the detritus of life from a dark evil London.

2 Likes

She was awakened early in the morning by two strangers who pulled her up out of the bed. They stood her, and walked her out of the room. She had no idea what was happening.

2 Likes