Update unsuccessful

I attempted to download the latest update and now I am unable to open Papyrus on my pc. It gives an error that the side by side configuration is incorrect and to use the command line or event logs.

I attempted to download again and it says the installer integrity has failed and mentions corruption of media file.

Can you advise? I can no longer open any of my Papyrus files on my pc either.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Celeste ,

Sorry you ran this. We’re looking into it now, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I know more! :wrench: :computer:

Thank you for describing the error messages, it’s super helpful with the troubleshooting! :construction_worker_man:

Thanks for the patience! :pray:

A new version is out, and it fixes these error messages. You can download it here: Download Papyrus Author 2022

Let me know how it goes! :wrench: :construction_worker_man:

Sam,

Perfect - all set. I was able to download the update and log in successfully and all my files were saved! Thank you for your assistance,

Sara

1 Like

I received a message that my Papyrus Author is out of date and needs to be updated. How can I do this? I have Author 2022

Hi, and welcome to the Community!

I’ve sent more details to your private messages. You’ll find the inbox at the top-right of the screen next to your profile picture. :wrench: :construction_worker_man:

:bulb: Here’s the quick fix in case someone else finds themselves in the same pinch :weight_lifting_man:

If you see an error message about expired Papyrus Author version, the quick fix is to download the latest version here: Download Papyrus Author 2022

Your work is saved on your computer, so once you install the new version, you’re ready to continue where you left off.

Let me know how it goes! :raised_hands:

Update was unsuccessful. It says this app is not supported by Microsoft?? True

That’s very unusual. :male_detective: :mag:

Could you snap me a screenshot of this error message on your screen?

Here’s a guide on how to take screenshots: Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots - Microsoft Support

You can attach images to your post by dragging and dropping them into the reply field.

:bulb: It would help me a lot, if you can check which Windows version your computer has. You can find that out following these steps: Which version of Windows operating system am I running? - Microsoft Support.