Epigraph Page

Win10

Papyrus Author Pro version 10.06a Win64 dated 2020-9-15

Hey, folks–

How does one add an epigraph page to a project? Or any other non-chapter front-matter type pages like dramatis personae, maps, symbols, etc.? I generally write REALLY big sci-fi/fantasy projects that require stuff like that, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do it myself.

I’ve tried creating a numbered chapter and converting it to an unnumbered chapter, but that just seems to lump all the numbered chapters into it, which I just don’t get…But anyway, epigraph pages, introductory pages, etc.–stuff that comes before the actual numbered chapters–that’s what I need to know!

Thank you for your time!

D. Pegritz

Welcome to the Community :grinning:

The easiest way to do this is to use Styles.

This is the right methodology. Each Style has multiple settings, which is why, when you changed to unnumbered chapters, it appeared to add the numbered chapters as a sub-level. You can change these settings, although we usually recommend creating your own Style, tailored to your specific requirements.

For information on how to do this, take a look at these threads which discuss the topic:
Creating your own Style: Change Chapter Titles
Changing the hierarchy level: All Chapters stuck under preface

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

2 Likes

That is exactly what I needed to know! Thanks, brother–you’ve been a great help. :smiley:

1 Like