Login trouble due to Firewall

Mac OS

Free Version for now

I’ve just recently created my account and can login on the web just fine. However, when I attempt to login on the app it says that it cannot reach the server due to my Firewall. However, my Firewall is currently turned off so it shouldn’t be stopping the login. Has anyone else had this trouble? If so how did you get around it?

1 Like

Hi, welcome to the Community. :slight_smile:

Have you tried restarting your computer after making changes to the firewall? Some changes may take effect only after a reboot

This error message may be also caused by your antivirus software; make sure it’s not blocking access from Papyrus Author.

Let me know how it goes!

Hi, I’m having the same issue I think! Also Mac, also free version: I am connected to the Internet and my firewall isn’t active, so I didn’t make any changes, and haven’t needed to do a restart.

The error details are as follows: “Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)”. I’d like to know of any solutions to this issue.

Hi, welcome to the Community!

When does this error message happen, is it when you try to open Papyrus Author? Have you been able to open Papyrus Author before?

Which operating system and antivirus software are you using?

You could do a restart on your computer and see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks, Sam. I’ve tried restarting but there was no effect. I don’t have antivirus software - just the standard inbuilt protections from Apple. This happens when the software opens and I enter my email and password. I can’t get beyond that so I haven’t been able to access the program at all.

Hello, I’m bumping this thread back up as I have just downloaded Papyrus Author on my Mac OS High Sierra Version 10.13.6 and am experiencing the error after trying to log in via the App: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK

Firewall is off, wasn’t on. I’ve restarted laptop since downloading and no fix. Any ideas how to get around this?

Thanks.

Hi, welcome to the Community!

This error may be caused by the the macOS High Sierra being an unsupported operating system on Apple’s side.

You can read more on this topic here: 10.08a Incompatible with macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Is it possible for you to update your operating system?

Hi Sam,
Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately my Mac is too old now to update past the 10.13.6 OS I am using.

Nevermind. One day I will update the old macbook and will be delighted to enjoy Papyrus Author.

Cheers.

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue. I’ve been using the free version of Papyrus for a couple of years but for the last week or so have been getting an error message whenever I try to start it up, which has never happened before.
Nothing has changed, my laptop is Windows 7 and old. I only use Windows Firewall and Windows Defender and I’ve checked that Papyrus Author has permissions, I’ve also restarted, reinstalled and tried running as admin, but I get the same error message.

"The offline usage time of 14 days has expired. Papyrus Author has to validate your license online.
To continue to use Papyrus Author, please connect this computer to the internet and ensure your firewall allows Papyrus Author internet access.

SSL connect error"

We’re limited in how much we can do after Microsoft (Windows 7) and Apple (macOS 10.13) drop older versions of their operating systems, because the devices don’t get any official patches from their vendors anymore.

But: We’re looking into if we can provide a different certificate that reaches further back into history at least for some additional time! :timer_clock:

I’ll update here when we know more.

@lisette.deumer @morrigaine

We’ve installed a SSL certificate from a different vendor. Would you check if the login / connection works for you now? Thanks!

That seems to have worked for me, thank you! I don’t get any messages when starting it up and I can access all of my files without issue.

1 Like