Other Works and Acknowledgements

I’m just a beginner with this software and I see how to create the title page and copyright notices within the document properties, but within my manuscript I would like to order it: Title Page → Copyright → Other Works → Acknowledgements → Chapter 1…

How would I go about inserting “Other Works” and “Acknowledgements” prior to the first chapter?

Thank you for your time.

There are a few options you can choose from to achieve this.

Firstly, you could add this information in to the “Book & Author” fields in the Front Matter dialogue (if you are not already using them). These fields can then be inserted into your document like any other front matter field.

Another option would be to create separate headings in the document through the Styles functionality. This would simply be a “chapter heading” but not included in your chapter list. The list of previous works and acknowledgements can then be added. You can read more on how to use Styles for separate sections in your book in this thread: Change Chapter titles.

The final option would be to utilize the macro functionality which could automatically insert the information for you. For example, you can create a separate document with your list of other words. You then create a macro which will insert this document into your new book. You can read about how to use macros this way in the thread Ornamental Breaks and etc.