Transfer characters

I’m thinking of going with the full version of the software, but want to check on something.

Is there a way to transfer, possibly import/export, characters?

I’m working on some short stories, across a few volumes, and there are several main characters that will be used in all of them. It would be much easier if I could add this info one time.

The easiest way to do this is probably to collect all related stories in one project. That way your database will always be up to date, no matter which story you work on.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community! :wave:

Yep! You can do it with either copying the characters, or linking the characters to all of your book projects.

The characters are stored in a database file, and connecting it is pretty straight-forward. Here’s a previous topic with a step-by-step guide on how to do that: Importing Character Database

Let me know how it goes, and have fun writing! :grin:

1 Like

Thank you, that’ll make things much easier :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t forget about copying the character database to a new project. I do this when I’m working on sequels so that the characters’ references and whatnot can be updated without impacting the original.
For example, if a character was entered as being a teenager in book 1, it’s unlikely they’d still be the exact same age in book 2. :wink:

1 Like