Turning Tales Week 2: The Perfect First Sentence

The dark hurts my eyes, and grit rubs inbetween the toes of my shoeless feet , but there’s little I can do with my hands tethered behind my back.

2 Likes

I wanted to add more, but thought I’d actually stick to the prompt and do just the one sentence this time! Who knows where my character is going…

2 Likes

It’s not every bleary-eyed morning your hand reaches into the fridge for the low fat milk, a pottery bowl of rustling bran flakes awaiting the result, and instead encounters a shrink-wrapped head.

3 Likes

Prompt

The colony ship was due to arrive soon and Zed’s problem was that there was no planet. It was Zed’s problem now, but soon to be a lot more people’s problem. To be precise, a colony ship’s worth of people’s, or a planet sized, or the-lack-of-a-planet sized problem.

Dropping the empty cream envelope onto the table, Martin clutched the letter inviting him to his old friend’s funeral, and rushed out of the kitchen to confront Graeme about his forthcoming interment.

1 Like

Prompt

I told him my body count was sixteen, he told me his was 45, I had a feeling we weren’t talking about the same type of body count.

10 Likes

It was good enough to entice me for wanting to read more :wink:

1 Like

Maybe I’ll continue it when a prompt works out…

1 Like

Prompt

You asked what I believe in - I believe only in what I see when I close my eyes.

Prompt

He found the courage to finally kiss her and she knew instantly her world would never be the same.

2 Likes

Prompt

Singing Jingle Bells in the shower on Christmas Morning isn’t much of a hangover cure but it’s all I’ve got to keep the guilt and shame at bay. With shampoo dripping from my beard, my mind drifts once more and I wonder who the hell picks up two hairy Hispanic street punks at a gay bar on Christmas Eve and expects a quaint Normal Rockwell Painting outcome the morning after? Me, obviously, but midnight snacks with their kind is always deliciously raunchy, raw, and enticingly risky.

1 Like

Prompt

###Once upon a dream, a nightmare was being case away.

1 Like

PROMPT It was dark and cold, there were dark spots of glistening blood in the darkness.

3 Likes

Prompt

The moon rose above the crest of the mountains, illuminating the trees and showing the weary travelers the pathway.

2 Likes

Prompt

I knew I was hitting puberty, but turning into a bear the weight of a small car was a little too much for my sanity.

10 Likes

Michael watches the screen in front of him, his limbs frozen to the chair as he sees his own hand plunge the knife into his daughter. His chest tightens and he struggles to inhale as tears soak into his messy beard.

2 Likes

Prompt

The foul smell of sulfur woke me from a stupor as the sound of slow, heavy footsteps climbed the staircase until finally turning toward my bedroom in the darkness of the cold house.

3 Likes

Wow, that sounds horrible!

PROMPT

I waited for you in the shadows as the rain dripped off the gargoyles hovering above me.

The Assassin

4 Likes

Prompt

Replace this text with your contribution

It’s a curious business, ending one’s life; so many loose ends to tie up and situations to address, and greater questions like what is one to wear?

7 Likes